HARP and HAMP Refinance Loans
Created in 2009 during the height of the real estate crisis, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac created an alternative for homeowners who are underwater through what are called the HARP and HAMP Refinance loan programs. As the acronym goes these are the Home Affordable Refianance Program and the Home Affordable Modification Programs.
Benefits of HARP and HAMP Programs:
- Possibly reduce your while owing more than your home is worth
- No appraisal and no AVM required in most cases
- Loan to Value as high as to 175%
- Streamlined income and asset verification
- Quicker closing times than traditional refinances - close in as little as 18 days